Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Safe" Nail Polish




I love painting my own nails, but the chemicals in nail polish really bothers me. The smell makes me feel like I’m killing brain cells when I paint. I did some googling and came across three nail polish ingredients that should be avoided.

The toxic trio to look for in your nail polish ingredient include: dibutyl phthlate (DBP), toluene, and formaldehyde.
DBP is a reproductive & developmental toxin linked to feminizing effects in baby boys.
Toluene affects the central nervous system causing headaches, dizziness, fatigue and is a possible reproductive and developmental toxin.
Formaldehyde is a known human carcinogen. It is a irritant to eyes, nose, & throat, and can lead to skin irritations

All lacquered up posted awesome information on which brand is safe—->http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2008/04/go-green-healthier-polish.html

N.Y.C's website claims that their Long Wearing nail polishes are free of the toxic trio, but on Ulta.com DBP was listed as an ingredient. Let’s just hope Ulta is wrong! Chinaglaze, OPI, Essie, and Orly all claim that they are toxic trio free on their websites! Yess! I guess I don’t have to find nail polish alternatives now =) hehehe
Excellent. Time to paint my nails! =) Have a good day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting