Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for review. I am not in any way affiliated with or compensated by the company. These are my honest opinions.
A few weeks ago I was given the opportunity to review Misikko's Hana Pro 1" flat iron.
I'm pretty impressed with the packaging! They are quite thoughtful.
From their website:
Hana Professional Features:
- Advanced Tourmaline Ceramic Plates for Accelerated Ion Generation and Maximum Frizz-Free, Conditioning Shine
- Ceramic is naturally hygienic, protects color & retards fading
- Floating 1" Plates Auto-Adjust To Glide Over Any Hair Texture
- Curved Plate Edges For Versatile Styling - Curl, Flip or Straighten!
- Adjustable Temperature Dial - 5 Settings from 140-450° F for All Hair Types
- Flash Heats in Seconds with Instant Compensation for Heat Loss
- Ergonomic Handle Design with No-Slip Grip
- Smooth Grooves Keep Hair Strands Separate and Snag-Free
- Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360°; Convenient Hanging Loop
- Energy Efficient at 38 Watts
- Independent On/Off Switch
- Includes Luxe Heat Proof Storage Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, & Special Edition Tin Case
- Two Year Warranty
I've been using this flat iron for a few weeks now and here are my thoughts:
Straightening with Hana Pro: My hair is naturally stick straight and thin, but I occasionally have some nappy-headed bad hair days. I effortlessly straightened my hair today and it became much more tamed. This only took me a few minutes to do. (Please excuse my super dry hair! I'm in need of an oil treatment.)
Curling with Hana Pro: As good as an actual curling iron! I've actually been using this for curling more than I have for straightening.
-Comes with heat proof mat, travel pouch, and tin case
-Can curl and straighten
-Blinking light to indicate heat achieved
-Heats up fast
-Several different heat settings to choose from
-Safe for damp hair and color treated hair
-No pinching or tugging
-2 yrs warranty
-Pricey (but you get what you pay for)
-The blinking light is not obvious enough. I would much prefer the light to blink and then stabilize after heat is achieved instead.
Price: On sale for $119.98, originally $204.99 (Qualifies for free shipping)
Overall: I like this flat iron. It does the job well and is really a 2-in-1 product since it can function as a straightener or curler. I'm also impressed with Misikko's customer service and their packaging. Check them out! They also carry other brands of flat irons including chi straighteners and curling irons too.
A quick review of Hana Shine Shield Thermal Protectant Serum:
I can massage this product throughout my hair with less than a dime-sized amount . It does make my hair feel smoother and adds shine, which is nice since applying heat dries out my hair. I also like that the serum doesn't weigh my hair down or turn it oily like most products do. You can apply it to your skin too.
Have you tried the Hana Pro 1" flat iron yet? What are your thoughts?