Friday, January 6, 2012

Essence Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss Review & Swatch

L-R: 01 Me & My Ice Cream, 03 Candy Bar, 04 Trendsetter, 05 I Like Cotton Candy
These lip glosses have a glossy finish. First coat can be slightly sheer but opacity can be easily reached with additional coats.

The applicator brush is barbell-shaped so that it is rounded at two ends and skinny in the middle. The design makes application to the outer and inner curves of your lips easier.

L-R: 01 Me & My Ice Cream, 03 Candy Bar, 04 Trendsetter, 05 I Like Cotton Candy (2 coats each)


01 Me & My Ice Cream - pale pink

03 Candy Bar - coral

04 Trendsetter - raspberry hot pink

05 I Like Cotton Candy - mauve (my favorite of the bunch)

Pros:
-super affordable
-nicely pigmented
-comes in 8 colors
-special applicator is great for applying color thoroughly

Cons:
- scented (I don't like scents)
-"me&my icecream" and "trendsetter" don't apply as evenly as the other two
-slightly sticky
-is only sold at Ulta in the states (as far as I know)

Cost:
$2.29 for 4mL of product @ Ulta.

Overall: 7.5/10
For the price, Stay With Me lip glosses aren't bad at all. Although I like these, I don't love them. I was expecting the consistency to be creamier but they're a little too shiny for my liking. I'm not a fan of the smell either.

3 comments:

Mara said...

I actually really like these. The 1 I fell in love w/ 1st was "me & my ice cream". Super cheap & cream colors. :)

Thea said...

Hi sweety! I gave you an award on my blog, check it out; http://hverdagsnegler.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

Anna said...

@Mara: I think it's the scent that's killing me. I am super duper sensitive to scents. lol

@Thea: Thanks dear!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting